Monday, November 26, 2012

Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray


Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray is a historical fiction book about a boy named Adam and all of his adventures. Adam is eleven, and has pretty well raised himself. Adam’s father is a minstrel in London. When Adam was old enough, he was able to travel across London with his dad, Roger. Adam’s closest friend is his dog Nick. Along the way Adam meets many people and makes lots of new friends, but when Adam loses both Roger and Nick, how will they find each other again? I would recommend this book to anyone over the age of eight. I loved Adam’s personality! He was such a good spirit and always had his head held high. This character and I are close to the same age and it is hard to imagine dealing with the things Adam faced in his journey. As a young minstrel there is a lot of music involved in his job. I love music and sing all of the time! This book is definitely my favorite so far and I will always love it.     -Rockin' Robin, age 10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment