Monday, November 5, 2012

The Blog Girls Promote the Vote!

     











     Today, The Bookstack Blog girls and I set out to visit a local preschool. We've been studying the electoral process this semester and the girls wanted to share a bit of their excitement for tomorrow's presidential election so I contacted a local preschool administrator where the girls attended an after school program a few years back. Fortunately, she is young and energetic and all about bringing fun and interactive learning to her students!
   
     Rockin' Robin enjoyed reading Duck for President aloud to a group of enthusiastic 3 and 4 year olds before Little Sunshine helped them to cast their vote in a candy election! Skittle Vs. M&M's and Skittles came out on top! I hope they enjoyed their Skittles treat we left behind. The teacher election had quite a different outcome with M&M's taking a staggering 75% of the vote! Yes, the teachers were awarded with an M&M treat.
   
     This mom enjoyed getting the girls out of the house for a bit and watching them interact with the younger ones. Now we can only hope that these preschoolers will do as instructed when they get home and encourage mom and dad to vote! And I only hope you will do the same!
                                                                                                                                   - Homeschool Mom

         
Little Saints Director tallying the votes!

Today I went to a preschool to read to the kids about the the election tomorrow. I read the book Duck for President to them. After I finished the book, my mom, my sister, and I did a candy election between Skittles and M & Ms. Just before we left we tallied the vote and told the total to the kids. We left a bag of each candy to the teachers and we were on our way. I had a great time and I hope they did too!                                                                      - Rockin' Robin







Making their voices heard!

Today I had a bunch of fun! I had fun because I got to meet lots of kids and got to watch them have fun. The kids got to learn about elections and they got to vote and see what it feels like to vote. I think they enjoyed our visit. I love to watch all of the kids learn. Our visit brought back some good memories because my sister and I went to daycare there a few years ago. The kids got to vote for Skittles or M&M's and we brought candy for them! I hope the kids like their Skittles and M&M's this morning. I was so happy to be there.
                                                                                                 - Little Sunshine


                     

No comments:

Post a Comment